Friday 8 August 2014

WDW: Narcoossee's at Grand Floridian

Another signature meal at the Grand Floridian Hotel is at Narcoossee’s. A signature meal is basically Disney Fine Dining and on the dining plan that I had it equates to two table service credits.

I arrive before sunset and gaze out upon the lake. Narcoossee's was a restaurant that I was really looking forward to dining at....even though it is "Floridian" it reminds me more of Maine? Not sure why as I have never been to Maine!

Grand Floridian


I start with a pre-dinner cocktail. Only a Key Lime Martini will do.

It’s dessert in a glass with a tangy zing. I’m liking it.



Key Lime Martini


Most meals start with the bread basket and the bread here is warm and fluffy.



Bread & Butter


For starters I go with something light and summery. Crab Cakes with southern slaw and cajun remoulade.

crab cakes



Crispy and full of sweet crab. There isn’t a lot of filler in these cakes and they are so tasty. The Southern slaw was perfectly creamy (and not swamped in dressing!) and the cajun remoulade was a great dipping sauce for the crab cakes.

For mains I chose the Steamed Whole Maine lobster, baked sherry cheddar orchiette pasta and asparagus.



maine lobster


A full plate of lobster and drawn butter...who can complain. The lobster was cooked perfect and it was tender and sweet. Meat chuncks fell out of the shell. The pasta was al dente very tasty. However I only took a mouthful or two of the pasta as I didn't want to have any problems...it was cheesy and a great accompaniment to the lobster....The asparagus was steamed perfectly...

I just couldn't do any more sweet stuff (I think I had finally hit my sugar ceiling for the trip) but I do love to end a meal (or start a meal too) with a good cheese platter. That I can do!



Artesinal Cheese Platter: Reypvaer VSOP, Purple Haze Goats Cheeseand Fourme D'Ambert

I had already sampled the Reyvaer VSOP and Forrme D'Ambert at California Grill but I was quite partial to the Purple Haze goats cheese.

This was a nice way to end a meal and a perfect end for my last day in Walt Disney World....

1 comment:

  1. Argh I love and hate the lobster in America is so crazy cheap!

    ReplyDelete