Friday 10 May 2013

EPCOT F&W 2010 - Day 2

A full day of F&W - Day 2 had a lot of dishes to work my way through. I had my little F&W Passport and I was ready by 11am to start working my way around the globe (again!)

Where to start...why not with some smoked meat


Charcuterie; Cheese: Applewood Smoked Beef, Duck and Ham

Yeah, it was smoked meat, tasty enough. I hadn't tasted smoked duck before and it was a lovely fatty texture, but it was missing something flavourwise

Heading over towards Canada

Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup
Hands down, the tastiest cheese soup I have had! ....actually come to think ofit I think I have only had it once before and no where near as tasty….I couldgobble more of this, but I need to save room for more F&W treats.



Vidal Icewine

Sweet, cold and hit the spot….took me back to some wonderful memories at Niagra Falls when I was living in Toronto.

Onto France, talk about jumping Continents!

Crème Brulée au Chocolate au Lait 

For a person who doesn’t eat desserts often I have to say I was doing well this trip. I will say though that anything caramel or toffee I'm THERE!!…This was so lovely I was licking the container!

Escargots Persillade en Brioche
Disney Fans - don't you just love the hidden Mickey?

Bread and chewy snails are just that, like chewing rubber! So I was taking agamble on this dish….I managed the snails…the bread was a no go. The taste was good, just to chewy!

Grand Mariner and Grey Goose Orange Slush

Need I say more….heaven in a plastic martini glass

Now it was time to go Down Under!


Grilled Lamb Chop with Roasted Potato Salad and Red WineReduction


Seared Barramundi with Blistered Cherry Tomatoes, Arugula, and Lemon Oil

Homesick was how I was feeling as I ordered my lamb chops….and the seared barrawas so good….perfectly cooked through too! A coldie (a cold beer) would havegone down a treat with these dishes!

Staying the region of the Pacific I made my way to Japan. I wish travelling was so easy!
 Tuna Sensation

This dish was truly a sensation. Very tasty and very very fresh…the tuna had a good flavour and the sauce compliemented the freshness....I like to eat my raw tuna very cold too
 Wafu Ribettes

The wafu ribettes were dry and not that appetizing, it looked better than ittasted.
One more stop in Poland
Kielbasa and Potato Pierogies with Caramelized Onions and SourCream
Chopin Strawberry Balsamic Chiller

This was a lovely little dish. All the flavours together makes a party in mymouth! As for the drink...I have to be honest, I don't remember much aboutit...so it couldn't have left a huge impact on me...sorry....



and just because I was in EPCOT Mexico dancing with Senor Duck (and perhaps too much alcohol!)


No comments:

Post a Comment