Monday 18 January 2016

Travel Photo of the Month - January 2016

Everyone that knows me would know that I have had a fascination with the Deep South ever since I was a little girl.  From the history, the food, the accent, the landscape I just love it.  Perhaps I have read (and watched) Gone with the Wind and Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil to many times.  Heck, my favourite movie of all time is Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Café.

Whatever the cause of the fascination I know that it will be everlasting.  I was eager to visit Savannah, Georgia back in 2003 during a trip from Miami to Boston on the Greyhound (an adventure in itself!).

This old (refurbished) paddle steamer, the Georgia Queen docked on the Savannah River had me fantasising of times gone by.



Sitting by eating freshly made taffy and a belly full of fried catfish made for a fabulous day on the river.

No comments:

Post a Comment