Thursday 13 February 2014

Disneyland Snacks

Disneyland is really the most magical place on earth (in my opinion).  I've been a Disney addict from as far back as I can remember.  Disneyland in Anaheim is the original Disney theme park, much smaller than it's bigger 'sister' theme park in Orlando...but it holds so much charm and oozes the magic.  Not only do I get hyped up about any Disney trip, what excites me just as much is Disney eating!
 
Over the week that I spent at Disney (yes 5 days of Disney bliss!) I indulged in quiet a few snacks, along with some Holiday specials.
 
Needing something warming (it was cold when I was there in November) I had to partake in the Hot spiced caramel apple cider and pumpkin squash fritters with an spiced apple butter.
 
Yummy. 
 
 
 
 
pumpkin squash fritters with hot spiced caramel apple cider
Christmas in a cup!
 
The cider was warm and lovely with hints of spicy undertones.  A little on the sweeter side of a cider (obviously non-alcoholic) than I would normally like...but good.
 
Who doesn't like hot fried dough? The fritters were fresh out of the fryer, piping hot and rolled in cinnamon sugar. Each had a chunck of pumpkin inside each bite.
 
You can't go to Disney (or any theme park or fair for that matter) without a corndog.  This corndog is from the Little Red Wagon in Disneyland.  Hot, crispy fried cornmeal coating with a decent size dog inside.  Perfect with a dollop of ketchup


corndogs are the best!


The one thing I always have a 'few' of over the course of my visit is the famous Mickey Mouse Ice cream Sandwich.  Ice cream sandwiched between two Mickey Mouse shaped cookies.  There is something magical about these.  I'm an addict.

Mickey Mouse Icecream sandwich

Over to California Adventure Park, there are plenty more eats to have.  Ghiradelli's ice cream in a waffle cone.  Oh yeah!




Disney popcorn is truly magical.  It's up there with movie popcorn (if not better).

Magic kernals
 
Over at the 'new' Carsland, the Cozy Cone Motel serves up a variety of snacks and beverages.
 
Here I had the chili cone queso....chili con carne, cheese, fritos in a bread cone.  Washed down with a serve of Red's Apple Freeze.  Definitely a Lightening McQueen moment.
 

Cozy Cone Motel offerings

Back over in Disneyland, recently Starbucks arrived in Disneyland. I suppose it was going to happen eventually.  Pumpkin spiced latte with whipped cream, hit the spot and warm the tummy while waiting to watch one of the parades.




Dole Whip.  Pineapple flavoured ice cream.  Getting into the 'tiki' spirit in Adventureland.


 
You can't go past the many bakeries that make rice crispies, pretzel rods, caramel apples and fudge.  Just browsing the counters is making me drool.  There are so many to try! 

 
Tigger tails and mickey marshmallows.

tigger tails and mickey marshmallows on a stick
 
Disney inspired caramel apples
 
You can even watch all of them being made.


 
 
There are plenty of snacks and treats that are character shaped to take home (if they last that long)...it's hard not to nibble at Disney inspired snacks!

 
Oh how I would love to be a cast member.  My dream job!




1 comment:

  1. So much snackage! Love corn dogs and those pumpkin fritters sound awesome!

    ReplyDelete