Tuesday 7 May 2013

WDW: Fulton's Crab House and Cookes of Dublin

Back in 2010 I was in a position to spend a 3 week holiday in Chicago (for 5 days) and then the rest of the time in Walt Disney World and Universal Studios in Florida.  Not only am I a huge Disney fan, it was my first time to WDW and it coincided with the Epcot Food and Wine Festival (you can see my first days samplings here and here).

I booked a 2 week package and ended up getting the Dining Plan, which consisted of 1 counter service, 1 table service and 2 snack credit each day.

I had an early flight and arrived at Walt Disneyworld (WDW) at around 2pm in the pouring rain. The heavens had opened up and there was thunder and lightening with buckets of water.

It didn’t stop me...time was awasting...I am not a disprin, I will not dissolve in water...I headed towards Downtown Disney. I was loving the rain, while everyone ran for shelter and I was running around in it…...I was living in a desert and it was 50 degrees when I left Dubai for the holiday and had not seen a drop in 12 months!

Soaked through to the bone, I went in the general direction of Fulton's Crab House. Upon arrival, dripping water everywhere I was shown to my seat by the window with a wonderful view of the lake and the ducks draining.

First up...What to drink?

Something Peachy (can't remember the name, I have it written down somewhere and have somehow misplaced (or lost) my notes since I have moved 3 countries since this trip!) It was delish!

 
Crab Boursin Dip




This dip is famous at Fulton’s. I have tried to replicate this using their recipe since being home.  It was nice but just not the same!


Appetisers - Crab Cake (super lump crab cake, lightly
sauteed and served with cucumber salad and mustard sauce)

Oh so delish, hot and crispy and full of crab. It was lovely to eat a crab cake that is mostly crab and not filler (like potato!)


Entree - Alaska King Crab Claws and South African Lobster Tailcrab claws and grilled lobster tail, with red skin potatoes and drawn butter




The lobster was tasty and full of flavour and the crab claws were succulent and sweet. Dipping the morsels into warm drawn butter is a simple, yet heavenly thing in life.


No room for desert yet....it had stopped raining, so I headed out for a wander around down town Disney before stopping off at Cooke's of Dublin for a taste of their famous Doh bar..
Doh Bar!
I only managed 2 bites of it...it was hot, gooey, chocolately but the batter was a little heavy for me and it was super sweet with the good sprinkling of icing sugar on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment