Wednesday 1 June 2016

Travel Photo of the Month - June 2016

I have been culling my old travel photos lately. 

While sifting I came across this photo and it brought back a flood of memories. To a day that was most definitely in the top most memorable days in all my years of travel. One of my dream trips was to do ‘Africa’ safari style. Free camping out of the truck for a couple of months across the continent had always been a dream and that dream became a reality in 2001.

This particular day we were in Livingstone, Zambia. We were visiting that side of Victoria Falls. 

We were lucky to be there during the season when the mighty Zambezi river was low and flowing slow(er) and were able to wade out into the middle of the river to the Angel’s Armchair (or Devil’s Pool as some may know it now). A natural ‘pool’ that is on the edge of the Falls, literally. 

Sitting in this pool peering over the ledge into the First Gorge and looking 100 metres down to the Zambezi River below was one of the most awe-inspiring, inspirational moments of my life. A moment that I have always cherished.





Don't worry I'm not 'throwing' the photos out, just converting to soft copy and getting rid of the bulky, heavy photo albums that are gathering dust and culling some of the unnecessary photos!  keeping the keepers!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment