Wednesday 5 June 2013

Eat Art Truck @ Vivid Sydney 2013

Rugged up against the cold, I met up with a friend to take a wander around the Vivid Festival 2013.  Unfortunately I only had my iphone tonight and my photos are not up to scratch.  However I will be doing a Vivid cruise on Sunday and will take the big DSLR for better shots.


It's always great to see the Opera House lit up, particularly during Vivd and Customs house was fabulous with their Move the Building concept.  There are some fabulous lighting displays this year and some weird ones too.

It was a joy stumbling across the Sydney Food Trucks!  I have been wanting to try out Eat Art Truck for a while now and just never seemed to be in the same place at the same time.  Stuart McGill, a former chef of Tetsuya's blends American BBQ with Asian flavours .... I asked about the spice level because my friend (of the roast duck curry spicy level incident) didn't want to much heat (medium). We were told the spice level would be a 4-5 on a 10 scale.


Decisions, decisions, What to choose?  How do I decide?  Pork or Beef? Oh my...I can't do this. It's to hard.   Pulled Pork in a bun with mustard cabbage (bourbon BBQ or hot sauce) OR Beef Brisket on a bun with kimchi - slaw and Korean Chilli. okay, okay....I've made up my mind! 

 Beef Brisket on a bun with Kimchi-Slaw and Korean Chilli - $12

Perfectly soft, buttery, sweet bread roll encasing the tenderest beef brisket that I've had in a long time.  Topped with crispy, crunchy kimchi slaw, which paired so well with the beef brisket.

............the only down side was the spice level, which was more like a level 2! 

Now I've added Truckstop at Bondi to the list of must try's because if that little bun was anything to go by the bigger menu at the Truckstop is going to be tops!

No comments:

Post a Comment